How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Kansas City
You realize you must protect your home. After all, it supplies shelter for your family and is where you store your belongings. But what is the right type of home secuirty? Figuring out if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary considerations you must make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Kansas City and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a professional monitoring service that is set to act at any moment. When an entrypoint sensor triggers or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring agents are issued an alert immediately. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to take action to get it resolved. This option is the less expensive solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Kansas City
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support in place is always wise. If you are not on site, sleeping, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Superior equipment and smooth integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Many people would prefer to have the job taken care of by skilled technicians, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement may be acceptable for most as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Kansas City
Here’s a brief rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some might consider this an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an installation expense. Others may prefer going with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can integrate components whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you could find assembling into a seamless system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If a disaster unfolds, you’re in control of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t see a security warning? This circumstance equates to additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during an install, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Kansas City
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Kansas City from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the right option for you. Dial (816) 287-1177 today to customize your package.