Home security cameras can solely be installed as a hindrance—a sign that notifies burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are outfitted with a plethora of tools all tailor-made to enable comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these additions enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Kansas City.
How To Set Up Your Kansas City Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is mounting the components in the right areas around your house. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a good move to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to afford a clear view of your front door, driveway, and yards, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room could impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the foundation for getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Kansas City. The additions shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your smart device whenever abnormal movement is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start capturing footage when motions are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your video surveillance to record and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to people with the unit. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive view of an area. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Kansas City is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (816) 287-1177 or complete the form below to begin building your home security and camera system today.