Modern residential security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete easy security chores like turning on your home security, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you never had to worry about these chores again? When you implement geofencing in Kansas City, you can just drive off to work and make your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Kansas City For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then uses your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to communicate with one another. The technology assists your home security by grouping all elements onto a single network. You can then set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, when you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Kansas City. When accessing the security app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to activate the fan if the fire alarm trips. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera senses strange movements outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Have your lighting switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to set the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Kansas City
Whether you seek extra peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (816) 287-1177 or complete the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.